2009年3月29日 星期日

[beagleboard hacking note] HDMI monitor

I tried to use my LG TV as the monitor of beagleboard for three days, after some turning it works fine with Angstrom distribution. However, not in Android.
I tried to hacked around the driver/video/omap/lcd_omap3beagle.c but without successful. Just cannot see the Android screenshot. :(
After a long try, I almost sure every setting in my kernel is correct.And by checking the log, Android run very well. I thought it may be a problem from my TV, therefore I bring my beagle board to a 3C market and ask for testing a new HDMI monitor. It worked like a charm!! Oh my god, the LG TV waste a lot of my time. :( I bought that monitor without second though immediately.

Finally, I can play Android with my beagleboard. :-)
From beagleboard


But it seem need some other hack to simulate the touch panel events. I am considering write a fake device and sending touch panel event to kernel. (Is that a good idea? I doubt. Any Idea?)

A tiny program read signal from rs232, and translate message to positions and write to a device, and that device triggers input event report of touch panel. XD Hmm.... It's a pure dirty hack. Any suggestion? I don't want to buy another touch panel. I already bought too many stuff. Orz...

murmuring

沒有留言: